This is an amazing opportunity to work in an exceptional garden that is being given a new lease of life with new planting and a fresh approach.
Located in Shepton Mallet, Somerset, Kilver Court is a unique garden, with a magnificent rockery, high-quality lawns, a pretty parterre surrounded with herbaceous plantings, and a 100m colourist border behind the impressive Victorian viaduct.
We are seeking someone who has a passion for horticulture and delivers high quality work with an eye for detail. As the gardens are open to visitors, you will be customer facing which requires a confident and friendly approach to communicate with knowledge about plants and gardening techniques.
- Be able to work independently and take pride in the maintenance of gardens and grounds ensuring they are showcased to their best in all seasons.
- All aspects of gardening work including digging, planting, hand weeding, pruning, forking, watering pots & planters, mowing.
- Maintaining the external areas on site to a high standard
Requirements & Skills:
- Experience as a Gardener with a good work ethic, committed to delivering high-quality work.
- Minimum RHS Level 2 qualification.
- A keen interest in plants and horticulture.
- A cheerful and positive disposition, happy to be customer facing.
- Able to use and maintain a range of equipment to include hand tools, handheld blower, hedge trimmer, mowers and a strimmer.
- To be adept using various types of lawn mowers, including cylinder mowers and the use of scarifiers and aerators.
- A good level of strength & fitness.
- A spraying and chainsaw licence would be desirable but not essential.
Salary dependant on experience and is advised upon application.
For more information or to apply for this role: